Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Art from Grassroots: What Takes to Change a Community

I am very excited today and equally flooded with work. Classes begin tomorrow for me but that is not my prime fear. I am worried that my classes are going to interfere with my daily routine of working on graduate school applications, my seniors thesis research, job applications, interviews, AGM coordination, CGI U mentoring and my art exhibition preparation.

I wish there were no classes so that I can emerge myself into all the rest of the things that I just mentioned. But I am not going to let my classes ruin my fun from all these things that I have been doing right now. Hence, I have not even checked my schedule yet, pretending that tomorrow will be just like any other day of my winter holidays.

I am lost in preparation of the Art Exhibition based on Mithila paintings from Jurshital Institute along with Arts from Haiti brought back this winter by my colleague Haeinn Woo. I am enthused since this is my first time organizing an exhibition!!! I feel like an artist, framing the paintings, buying supplies for that, writing descriptins, and so on. The exhibition starts on 1st of February until the 13th in the Mount Holyoke College Blanchard Student Art Gallery. People can bid on these paintings from day one until February 24th, which is the final day of the auction happening at Blanchard Great Room.

The fund raised will go towards Jurhistal Mithila Art institute in Nepal and building a school for Haitian children in Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment