Friday, February 4, 2011


Yesterday we held a reception at the Blanchard Student Art Gallery. Although I was afraid that not many people would turn up due to the snowy weather and change of opening date, which is rather inconvenient, I am glad to announce that I am satisfied with the number of audience. Not all of them bid on Art Works but I am glad that they at least showed up and that they carried away with them some reflection on Mithila culture and hopes f Haiti.

Another good news I share is that, two of my most favorite painting were bid. One of which is the long painting that stands at the center of the room. Among all, couple paintings have become quite famous and more than three people have bid for them, making it tough on who is going to be the ultimate winner. Though this is my first time getting involved in an art exhibition business, my lack expertise on art was not a big problem. I was able to tackle all the challenges in getting this exhibition up with the help of my partner Haeinn Woo, my roommate from last year, Dani, my best friend Bishal, and other friends who have supported me throughout. I am also thankful to Davis Projects for Peace and Clinton Global Initiatives without which this project would have no financial support. I cannot remain without thanking the student art board who gave us the gallery to display our paintings until the 24th of February.

I really hope that people will remember this exhibition until the last day and bid on maximum of these paintings so that we can raise maximum amount of funds for women in Nepal and school building project in Haiti.

No comments:

Post a Comment